Saturday, May 10, 2008

Time's a Tickin'

As I was updating my blog "count down", I pulled out my calendar to count the weeks until I leave for Nairobi. Ten! Oh my gosh! In ten weeks I'll be on a plane to Africa. I'm moving to Africa! Sometimes I have these moments in which I start to think about it and say to myself aloud, "Kimberly, you're going to live in Africa." I guess I say it aloud to make it sink in and feel like reality. It's so surreal. I'm sure it will be even more surreal when I'm first there. Then I'll go through the phase of "What in the world am I doing here?!" and it won't be surreal so much as a feeling of chaos and lack of control. Oh, the joys of moving to a foreign country. But I am excited. Excited for what the future holds and the new adventure God is taking me on. Ready or not, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, Kim!!!! Ten weeks!!!!! I'm so glad you're coming to Idaho before you go!!!! It will be a visit to remember. Enjoy your last weeks in the states. God is leading you on an amazing adventure. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good! And God! How
    exciting!

    Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete