Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

It is day three of my work week, and I'm as busy as ever. There doesn't seem to be enough time to even go grocery shopping. "Winter Kim", as my friends often say, is kicking into high gear. My classroom is coming along, there is tons still to do, and I have a lot of curriculum to weed through, but it is all good. I'm excited about the new year and the amazing people I get to work with. It is an adjustment after teaching at the same school for five years (I have to remember not to compare). I kind of feel like a first year teacher in many ways. My classroom was an empty shell when I arrived with only a few old shelves, filing cabinet, and teacher's desk. Now I've got bulletin boards, desks, newly painted shelves, and some curtains I sewed by hand (I don't have a sewing machine). I'm learning how to get things done around here - my new best friend at school is Stephen, the Kenyan man who does it ALL on campus. So onto lesson planning I go, thinking of all my co-workers at Veritas at the same time. For my dear Veritas family, enjoy your last few weeks of summer vacation!

3 comments:

  1. hey kimberly,
    just wanted to say hi and let you know we're thinking of you. i check your blog every few days and i get so excited when there is a new post! looks like you're adjusting well. :)
    tisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, good thing you're a pro at putting together a classroom! (speaking from experience, as you've helped me do it several times, eh?) Don't burn yourself out! Love your blog~its so nice to stay connected even though you're across the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us peek into your classroom. I love the window view!
    Most of all I love that you will fill the room with blessing and grace!!~~

    ReplyDelete