Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kenya Friends

The moment some of you have been waiting for... PICTURES! Here are a few pictures of my new friends. First up, the roommies. Christa is on the far left and Wendy in the middle.
Christa is Canadian, with a fun Saskatchewan accent. We have a lot of fun together because she's sarcastic and teases me all the time, which makes me feel right at home. Wendy is from the South with the accent to prove it. When I come home with strange speech, you'll know why. Wendy and I have many things in common: we like to throw parties, are neat freaks, and have birthdays in the same week. I'm truly blessed with awesome roommates.

Christa is engaged to Stanley, whom she met at the university campus she lived on for a while. They're getting married in December.
Won't they have the cutest kids?! I have to say, this is a horrible picture of them. They were both super tired when I took this picture, so the intoxicated look is not their normal appearance, but you get to see who I hang out with these days.

Last Saturday we threw a party at our big house. Everyone brought a dish to share, and we enjoyed a great time of hanging out with kids running around in our basement and gated yard. It was a great time for all and we got to show off our new living room paint job and new curtains to match. Now we just need to cover the hideous furniture with Southwestern designed pillows and abstract deco-art couch.
I'll send more pictures later, including a tour of the house. For now I just want to say, thank you for all your prayers and support. There is not a day that goes by that you're not thought of, family, friends, and old co-workers alike!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, So happy for you to already be building a community of friends. We are blessed to hear about and so thankful for what God has already done in your short time there. Love you-m

    ReplyDelete