Saturday, August 16, 2008

Road Rage

Nairobi traffic is much like traffic in other countries I've visited - different. Most Americans would call it crazy. In Nairobi there are three kinds of driving I've experienced...
1. Suburban roads with potholes big enough for my entire body to fit in.
2. Urban areas where pedestrians, vendors, and cars meet in a maze of confusion, with lots of honking horns and car accidents.
3. Down town where the fastest way to get anywhere is by foot because the vehicle traffic is at a constant stand-still.
Here is a video of my roommate, Wendy, and I running some errands on Saturday in the Westlands, one of the urban areas of Nairobi with great shopping. The traffic that day was actually quite good, but you get to see a little bit of the round-about action we experience in Nairobi.

1 comment:

  1. I remember crazy traffic in Kampala. I described it to others by saying that trying to cross the street was like playing a game of Frogger, with the exception that if you got hit, you couldn't start over. ;)

    ReplyDelete