Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lovin' Laundry Day!

It hasn't been raining nor has our water been turned on. However, after four days without water, a large truck came and filled our reserve tank, which should last for a couple weeks. Although we're still rationing, we have water to shower, clean dishes, and wash clothes. So I've spent the last two days washing clothes, and I am happy to do laundry! There weren't even enough clothes lines in and outside the house to hang all my laundry. It's a good problem.

We are currently experiencing the "short rains", which are supposed to last about five weeks. The temperature has dropped (I wore a long sleeved sweater to work this week!), but the rain has only come twice. If it doesn't rain a good amount this season, then we're in for a tough "winter" of rationing water until March when the long rains come. Thank you for your prayers. Rain seems like a silly thing to pray for, especially for my Oregonian friends, but it's a big deal here. No rain means a lot of trouble for most of Kenya (and no laundry for me). Please continue to keep us in your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an adventure you are having. Finally noticed your blog address and enjoyed catching up with your happenings. Now that I figured out this blog thing I will post more often. Miss you but am thrilled for you at the same time.

    Love and God Bless,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kentucky is in a drought and so everyone is praying for rain here, too. It's a very weird thing. I've been told we won't have a pretty Fall if it doesn't rain. The leaves will just up and wither and fall of the trees. I'll be so sad if I don't get the pretty Fall I wanted. It's a weird thing to pray for rain, but we definitely need it here!

    ReplyDelete