Friday, October 31, 2008

This is Fall?

While all my friends and previous co-workers are enjoying the crisp days of Fall, red leaves, and wearing sweaters, my experience is quite different. It is Spring in Nairobi. The temperature averages 70's and 80's each day, so it draws me outside my classroom like a mosquito to a light bulb. My Alaska roots shine through even in the Southern Hemisphere - when the sun shines, we must go outside! So this week class 5B did their social studies assignment in the elementary courtyard. Working at a school with the perfect climate is a really tough job!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great. Here in Portland we had some nice sunny days but now it is back to the typical gray, rainy, fall day.
    Love ya and praying for ya!
    ~Taralah

    P.S. The pic of the millipede is D-isgusting! :P

    ReplyDelete