Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas in South Africa

My Christmas in South Africa was wonderful! My dear friends Marc and Rebecca live there with their new little baby, Abigail, and Molly, my roommate for many years in Oregon, is volunteering at a medical clinic there this year. Since everyone was in Africa at the same time, we decided a holiday together was in order.


They showed me a wonderful time, introduced me to new friends, and created fun memories. Some of these moments were...



Christmas with Marc's welcoming family.
The Le Roux family fed us a wonderful meal and provided many laughs. It felt like being home with family, and we were very blessed by their hospitality!

We watched Abigail open Christmas presents, slobber, laugh, cry...
Pretty much everything she did was cute!

Since it is summer in the Southern hemisphere, we enjoyed swimming during the day and watching the sunset at night.
We also went on holiday to the beach, shopped, saw lions, and more. Read the next few blog posts to learn more about my vacation in South Africa.

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing christmas table sperad! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete