Friday, May 29, 2009

9 YEARS!

The end has come. The year is done. The walls are bare. The shelves are empty. The kids are gone. And my years as a "young" teacher are over...

I just finished my ninth year of teaching. Next year I move to the double digits! How did I get here this fast? How can I be old enough to have taught for almost 10 years? Year nine was a good year. I taught in Kenya with 11 nations represented in my classroom, nine languages spoken, and plenty of fifth grade pre-adolescent attitudes. Despite some challenges with teaching in a foreign country and adjusting some pre-teen attitudes, it was a successful first year in Kenya. Like every teacher, I look forward to next year, when I'll do it better with a little more experience under my belt. Overall, I'd say year nine was challenging, full of adventure, a learning experience, and keeps me wanting to teach some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment