Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Family Outing

"Baby, it's our first family outing."
That's what Will said to me as we drove down the road with ten Kenyan kids in an eight passenger SUV... five girls squeezed in the back, four more girls squeezed in the middle seats, one on my lap, and Will driving over pot-holes. Will and I had our first "family outing" with kids from Limuru Children's Center, where Will does a lot of work. We took twenty of his forty kids at the center to Joe and Linda's house. Linda is on the board for the children's center, and they were wonderful hosts. The kids had a blast playing in the pool as it rained and eating bar-b-qued sausages, cake, and ice-cream. After a few hours of playing in the pool, shivering in the rain, and filling bellies with rare treats, all ten kids in our car fell asleep for the 25 minute drive home. It was a fun-filled day for the kids and a great "first family outing" for us.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I have not even met this man, but I know I like him.

    Blessings to you both,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete