Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's funny the things we notice.

In the last few months I've noticed...
My bathtub is so clean.
It doesn't get that grimy ring around it.
In winter
wearing socks
and lots of layers of clothes
keeps your body pretty clean.
And my bathtub too.

All the dirt and grime
that has been impossible to get off my feet
the last three years,
All the dirt and grime,
that would layer on my tub in a week's time,
isn't there anymore.

It will come back again this summer
when I stop wearing socks
and put my sandals on,
but it was something I never would have noticed
if I hadn't spent three years
trying to get the dirt off my feet
and the ring out of my tub.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think this is my favorite post of all the ones you have ever posted. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to smile because I so often don't wear socks/shoes and now my kids don't wear socks/shoes except in the winter when I force them. Just today we got home and Zane stripped his shoes and socks on (it's snowing here). I told him to put his socks on and he said, "Why? I'm not outside! It's not wet inside." There is something freeing about no socks/shoes... except cleaning that silly tub! =) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete